XiOptics optical termini solutions are available in for use in a broad range of optical connection systems. Our core technologies are built around and qualified to the Mil-PRF-29504 and ARINC 801 optical termini specifications. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by not just engineering products to meet the specifications but rather we inject the latest technologies into our solutions to provide an expanded features set. Our features are intended to reduce the cost of termination, improve production yield and deliver superior optical performance across all of the specified environments. Examples of how we are different and how we benefit our customers include:
- Body Materials: XiOptics uses only precision machined and passivated stainless steel for metallic components. This ensures compatibility with all connector platforms as well as providing users absolute surety of non-corrosive/non-magnetic products.
- Compression Springs: XiOptics uses only the finest pre-set and precision ground 17-4 stainless steel springs. This ensures that our products perform the same after hundreds of mating cycles exactly as it they did on their first cycle.
- Ceramic Components: XiOptics has partnered with the worlds leading supplier of precision ceramic ferrules. Our ferrules have concentricity and diametric tolerances controlled within a half of a micron (.00002 of an inch). We don’t deliver lower quality ferrules in our multi-mode products. This small feature change reduces installed fiber eccentricity by approximately 4 times over competing designs. This results in insertion loss values that are not only typically lower but also more stable during product lifetimes and random mate installations.
- Tuning: our NXTCoreTM, ARINC 801 specification product is the only on the market incorporating hex registry tuning as found in industry leading LC interconnects. This enables us to deliver cable solutions with not only lower loss but more consistent loss characteristics regardless of the fiber type selected.
- Termination: our 29504 products offer the latest specification release bonding cup termination methods. This removes the need for messy external adhesive application or the use of heat shrink tubing as found on our competitors Style 1 designs.
- Style 1 Adhesive Joining: our 29504 Style 1 produce offers serrations where the heat shrink tubing joins to the terminus body. This small feature change increases strength member capture by 3X over our competitors smooth body designs.
A few simple words say it all about XiOptics: “Our termini are our products”.
Our technical staff and applications personnel are not diluted by any other task than making our fiber optic termini and specialized fiber optic connectors. We make sure all of our products perform their best when mated to our own product but are also cross compatible with our competitors. This secures our customer’s source of supply.
Each of our products is offered with unique capabilities or configurations. So if termination of optical fiber in harsh environments for industrial, medical, aerospace or defense systems is a requirement and connector styles ranging from circular 38999 products, ARINC 404/600 products, D-subminiature products, LC style products are needed. XiOptics can deliver solutions capable of working with single mode or multi mode glass optical fiber as well as plastic optical fiber (POF).